Zentar UK is looking for a highly motivated Ward Manager to work in Urology/Nephrology for one of our client's private hospital.
Our client is the UK's largest independently owned non-profit hospital, consisting of over 250 patients beds and 12 operating theatres including dedicated endoscopy suites, a day surgery unit and a 24 hour consultant-led Intensive Care Unit. We combine the warmth of traditional patient care with unrivalled expertise.
The department is a busy 16-bedded Urology/Renal ward, which provides care for both elective and emergency admissions.
- Experience in urology
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time keeping
- Budgetary Management
- Business Planning
Principal Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure policies relevant to your area are set, reviewed and updated and that all Clinic policies are adhered to by all members of staff within your sphere of influence.
- Ensure effective use of manpower and resources in relation to the dependency of patients. Be flexible in staffing situations, deputising for Nursing Administration and assisting other departments if required.
- Using a business plan, set the department budget with the Financial Department and develop an understanding of the budget within you department.
- To take a lead role in the Urology User Group.
- Monitor budget performance regularly and take remedial action as required.
- Organise department meetings and encourage regular attendance and participation of all staff to promote effective team communication.
- Ensure that Drug Administration and Control is in accordance with legislative requirements and Clinic Regulations.