About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care and acute neurological rehabilitation.
We are excited to be able to offer an exciting opportunity for a Ward Manager to join our Acute Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit in St Johns Wood, London. This unit is the largest independent rehabilitation unit in the UK and provide comprehensive interdisciplinary inpatient rehabilitation programmes to patients with acquired brain injury, neurological conditions and complex medical disability. The Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit has won the International Medical Travel Journal award for the best Specialist International Patient Centre for 2015.
As a Ward Manager you will oversee the running of this state of-the-art 16 bedded unit. You will provide the clinical and operational leadership on a daily basis, ensuring that exceptional standards of care are adhered to at all times.
This position is full time, permanent working 37.5 hours per week. The working hours are 8am - 4pm on Mon - Fri, with the opportunity to work late on somedays. The projected salary range is £44,925 - £50,541 per annum plus a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Duties & Responsibilities
* To manage a ward consisting of 32 staff and have continued responsibility for leadership and the safe management of the clinical area.
* To provide clinical leadership within defined areas by acting as a positive role model, who practices evidence-based care, to ensure high standards of clinical care.
* Take an effective role in staff management, including, recruitment and retention, ensuring all staff receive the necessary training and professional development they require, as well as managing rostering, holiday and sickness ensuring that the unit is always appropriately staffed.
* Works collaboratively with the ward Matron to implement and achieve the unit's short and long term goals which are aligned with the organisational vision/mission and the nursing strategy.
* Establishes optimum care standards, which meet or exceed agreed standards.
Skills & Experience
* Registered Nurse with extensive post graduate experience and leadership skills.
* Previous experience at Sister or Ward Manager level.
* Neurological Rehabilitation or general neuro experience is essential.
* Ability to manage resources efficiently within budgetary constraints and for a constantly changing workload.
* Evidence of effective staff management with skills in prioritising workload and delegating appropriately.
* Motivated and forward thinking individual who is flexible and promotes innovations in practice.