Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Further Details: We are currently looking for a highly motivated, passionate and experienced Ward Manager to join a really friendly and welcoming team at a reputable private hospital in Swansea. The hospital is bright, warm and welcoming and is set in a beautiful location. They pride themselves on delivering the highest level of healthcare to their patients and continually strive to find new ways to improve upon this. The service enjoys a fantastic reputation and has been ranked as one of the top performing hospitals in Wales. The hospital is in a central location and is easily accessible via public transport links around Swansea.
What you'll be doing:
- As Ward Manager you will provide effective leadership in the ward, maintaining good staff morale and ensuring high standards of patient care are performed and maintained.
- As Ward Manager you will exercise leadership based on professional behaviour, sound organisation, good interpersonal relationships and effective communication.
- As Ward Manager you will encourage the nursing team to provide evidence based care to comply with the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE).
- As Ward Manager you will be accountable for own clinical practice and participate in improving knowledge and professional competence to comply with PREP regulations and registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council.
- As Ward Manager you will progress the use of Integrated Care Pathways (ICPs) and other ward/hospital documentation as changes occur.
- As Ward Manager you will undertake clinical practice as required and to ensure that own clinical skills are maintained. This should equate to 30% of time spent on duty.
- As Ward Manager you will provide management of the ward nursing team through regular discussions with Head of Clinical Services and ensure a safe clinical environment is maintained at all times.
- As Ward Manager you will conduct annual appraisals for all ward staff and provide support for agreed objectives.
- As Ward Manager you will act as deputy for Matron in her absence.
What you'll need:
- As Ward Manager you will be registsred with the appropriate governing board (NMC)
- As Ward Manager you will have a minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role.
- HDU experience desirable.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding department.
- Able to work under pressure.
- A flexible approach is necessary to reflect occupancy levels within the hospital
Key employee benefits:
- 24 minimum holiday PLUS bank holidays PLUS travel time for overseas staff
- Employee Assistance Programme - support available on a wide range of personal and work issues
- Quality working environment
- Long service recognition
- Supportive personal development plan to help you achieve your career goals
For more information and or to apply please call Jessica Osborne on 01489 774202 and or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This location is commutable from: Neath, Swansea, St Thomas and Uplands