- Company: Partnerships In Care Ltd
- Base Pay: £38,000 - £40,000 /Year
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Reference ID: Not Available
UK-South West England
- Contact: Philip kennett
- Phone: 0208 327 1935
Partnerships in Care is proud to announce the opening of our new state of the art site, Wellesley Hospital in Wellington near Taunton. Wellesley Hospital will be opening in January 2017 and will support and work with up to 70 patients with mental health disorders.
We are one of the leading providers of independent specialist care across the UK. We are proud to offer a full spectrum of pathway care to our Service Users.
With services throughout the country, over 30 years of experience in our sector and highly skilled and experienced teams, we help patients and commissioners find the right care pathways without the need for multiple reassessments.
As a Ward Manager you will be working within a trans disciplinary team that includes a range of professionals. You will be central to providing high quality care.
As a Ward Manager you will be responsible for;
Shift/resource management in capacity of Senior Nurse on call
Effective strategic resource management
Leadership decisions within the context of Ward Manager
Performance management of junior staff in conjunction with Charge Nurses
- Supervise and support Charge Nurses in fulfilling the role effectively through all elements
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Personal development needs
- Discipline and grievance issues
- Advisory role to nursing staff
- Support the implementation of local Clinical Governance Strategy
- Demonstrates clear application of continuing professional development portfolio.
- Clear application of hospital policies and procedures.
- Provide strong and robust leadership in the clinical environment using the core skills of facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, teaching and delegation.
About our benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
Competitive starting salary
Excellent Career Progression Opportunities
Flexible working arrangements
Golden Hello payment - incentive for joining PiC
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
Private Medical Insurance Scheme
Free meals while on duty
Carefirst – Employee Assistance Services
Continuous learning and development
Personal health insurance
An employee assistance programme
To be successful as Ward Manager, you’ll need
- Post graduate qualifications desirable
- Personal learning and development.
- Evidence based practice.
- Values based practice.
- Patient centred care.
- Team player.
- Leadership skills
- Management of people skills
This post applies to registered nurses who have:
- Experience within a forensic setting within a leadership/management capacity.
- Relevant sufficient post registration experience.
- Relevant experience in a similar environment.
- Proven track record of leadership and management skills