We have an exciting opportunity for a senior Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre.
At Emersons Green, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire, as well as to the wider community, including Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology.
In addition, we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
The ward team is very supportive to each other, having an open policy to suggestions, valuing each staff’s opinions and suggestions.
As a Senior Nurse you will be expected to assist in the efficient running of the inpatient ward, supporting and assisting in the delivery of professional nursing care to patients.
Key duties will include:
• Coordinating the patient’s hospital admission from admission to discharge ensuring that the patient’s needs are met
• Providing support, advice and guidance to all staff delivering patient care and working closely with the multidisciplinary team
• Taking responsibility for assessment, planning and implementing effective nursing care for the inpatient services.
• Providing clinical knowledge and expertise to this group of patients and will regularly taking charge of the ward
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role it is desirable to have:
• Extensive relevant experience in acute care or elective surgical nursing with experience in inpatient nursing
• Knowledge and skills of acute surgical care provision
• Up to date hands on clinical skills including phlebotomy, IV drug administration and performing ECG's
• Basic / Intermediate life support skills
Training and development will be given to enhance basic nursing skills to include the above.
• NMC Registered Nurse Level 1
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.