We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking, highly organised and customer focussed individual to join our Accounts Payable Team, based at our Head Office in Lichfield.
- Utilise information received electronically from suppliers, using excel formulas, to create journals for posting to the ledger
- Check and fully reconcile supplier statements on a regular basis to ensure accuracy at all times
- Check, code and process employee expenses, ensuring they are authorised by the relevant person in compliance with the Company's schedule of authority
- Create and maintain supplier records on computer system to ensure accuracy of information held
- Process and input supplier invoices, either by manual nominal coding or through the automated order matching system, ensuring they are checked for authorisation and accuracy
- Liaise professionally with internal/external customers, suppliers and company employees by phone, email and fax to resolve queries and other issues
In addition, you may also be asked to be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Processing ad-hoc payment requests received, raising a journal for payment and posting to the relevant nominal ledger or Accounts Payable accounts
- Checking company bank statements daily to ensure Direct Debit and Standing Order payments are posted to the correct ledger and allocated accurately
- Processing requests for company credit & debit cards and arranging limit increases
Skills / Experience:
- Minimum of 3 GCSE passes (Grade C or above) incl. Maths and English
- Experience of working in an Accounts Payable office, or busy finance office environment
- Strong attention to detail, good understanding of financial information
- Well organised and motivated team player. Able to work calmly under pressure & meet specific deadlines. Work on own without close supervision
- Clear, confident communication skills
- Competent user of multiple technology systems & applications with strong Excel skills
- Polite and confident phone manner
In return you can expect the following:
- Free on-site parking
- Great office facilities
- Voyage rewards scheme
- Workplace pension
- 23 days annual leave
- Sick pay
- Life Assurance
- Childcare vouchers scheme
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply promptly as we review all applications & CVs received on a daily basis. The majority of our adverts close 2 weeks after posting, however where we receive a large number of suitable applications we may close the advert early.
We are an equal opportunities employer.