Our Main adult Theatre is a busy and dynamic environment setting the benchmark for clinical excellence. We have 6 operating suites catering for: Cardiac, Orthopaedics, ENT and Ophthalmic, Plastics, General/Vascular, Urology and Gynaecology. We work with surgeons who are the best in their specialities carrying out simple to the more complex surgeries.
We are looking for a compassionate ODP or Nurse who is passionate about professional development and focusing on the patient at all times as the centre of care. You will be enthusiastic with vision and ambition. In return, as well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us and offer a range of benefits, some of which include 25 days holiday (plus a holiday purchase and selling scheme), pension scheme, private medical insurance, free comprehensive BUPA health assessment and life assurance.Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the positioning and preparation of a patient as directed by the surgical team and ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory.
- Prepare patients and provide assistance for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Take charge of the clinical area in the absence of an advanced practitioner ensuring patient, visitors and staff safety.
- Participate in induction and orientation programmes for new staff to ensure a welcoming environment.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
Skills and Experience
- Registered ODP or Nurse with HCPC or NMC registration
- Completion of Anaesthetics Course
- Extensive experience working within Anaesthetics
- Experience working with Paediatric and adult patients is desirable
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
Shifts will consist of 7.5 hour days starting at either 07:45-15:45 or 13:00-21:00 with on calls at night and weekends.About The Bupa Cromwell Hospital and Bupa
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com