Clinical Research Nurse
£26,000 - £30,000 + over time and benefits
Eclypse recruitment are pleased to present this exciting opportunity - we are recruiting for Research Nurses for a service offering clinical trials in Nottingham, East Midlands.
As a Clinical Research Nurse, you will be working in this very large service, which has 6 wards up to 90 beds your duties will entail:
- Administering medication/ drugs to volunteers
- Monitoring performance of patients during the clinical trial
- Venepuncture, Cannulation, ECGs, pulse general observations
- Ensuring safety of the volunteer
- Collecting data accurately and reporting findings
- Working with a team of technicians, nurses and clinical team leaders and scientists
We are seeking RGN candidates whom are completely flexible and committed to the demands of this job - trials can be hours or days therefore you need to be able to commit to a mixture of shifts including days, nights and weekends. This is a Full Time position where you need to be able to commit to an average of 37.5 hours per week although not necessarily always working those weekly hours i.e. could be 2 shifts one week 5 the next
We are seeking clinical nurses those from NHS, Acute/ critical care background would be ideal - this is a busy clinically challenging nursing environment but an exciting role for a Nurse.
Salary ranges from £26,000 - £30,000 DOE
ONLY FULL TIME APPLICANTS PLEASE APPLY
Nurses flexible, dedicated and committed to offering yourself to become a dedicated employee for this clinical research company in Nottingham.
- Huge site on a business park with 4 sites - 85 beds - 6 wards team of HCAs, Nurses, Team lead, Deputy, Clinical director.
- Nurses need to be made aware they are dealing with VOLUNTEERS not PATIENTS - healthy people not ill people that are offering themselves at a fee to be tested
Nurse duties include:
- After drug dosage ready for testing - ECGs, Bloods, Observation and monitoring, pulse checks - constant monitoring to see how drug performing
- Compiling report/ DATA to feedback
- Nurses need to be really flexible as trials can take place at any time so nurses need to be able to cover days earlies/ lates nights and weekends (try to do every other to keep fair) - some weeks can be really busy 5/6 shifts where as another maybe 2/3 but quarterly hours will be met ANY EXTRA would be classed as overtime so would be paid time and a half for contracted hours are 37.5
- 6 month probation as takes that long to get to grips with role - chance to progress to team leader, trainer or Manager - full induction and shadowing.
The following will apply:
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity please contact Ellie Conlon at Eclypse Recruitment on 0161 804 7555 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Employees may be rostered on any day of the week (Monday - Sunday), on day and night shifts, and on bank holidays.
- Employees will have a minimum of 8 days rostered off in a four-week period.
- Staff will not be required to work for periods of less than a four-hour shift (this short shift will only be used occasionally when the business requires). The maximum duration of any shift will be 13 hours (including unpaid breaks).
- There will always be a minimum of an eleven-hour rest period between shifts.
- The maximum number of shifts worked in a row will be eight. The maximum number of night shifts worked in a row will be six. If employees are rostered for these maximum amounts, they will be guaranteed two days rostered off afterwards.
- Employees are guaranteed 48 hours rostered off after a single night shift, and 72 hours rostered off after two night shifts or more.
- Employees will be given two weekend off a month where possible.
- Employees will work a maximum of one 13 hours shift in any run of days
KEYWORDS -Staff Nurse, Research Nurse, RGN, medical and nursing, RGN, Staff Nurse, Nottingham, medical and nursing, Research Nurse, Nottinghamshire, Surgical Wards, Theatre, Derbyshire, Private Hospital, medical and nursing,