Deputy Care Home Manager - Horncastle House
32 bed home - Nursing home for older people/ Dementia/ Alzheimer's/ Respite
*You must be a Registered Nurse to apply for this role*
As a Deputy Manager you will coordinate the management of a Sussex Healthcare Care Home.
This position is a great opportunity for a Registered Nurse looking for their first step into management!
Day to day tasks of the Deputy Manager:
- To support the Registered Manager in all aspects of the Home management within the agreed staffing budget allocation.
- To assist the Registered Manager in leading a multi-disciplinary team and enable/ensure that individual programmes of care are developed, executed and evaluated for each resident and reviewed monthly.
- To act at all times in accordance with the NMC code of professional conduct and ensure that the highest standard of appropriate care is always provided.
- To be conversant with and adhere to the policies and procedures presented in Sussex Health Care manual.
- Undertake training of staff including induction of new staff.
- Assist Registered Manager in carrying out staff appraisal/supervision and recognize the training requirements of all staff.
- Ensure that care plans are followed and reviewed monthly.
- Maintain records as required by the local registration authority under the National Care Standards Act 2000, EHO, Fire Officer and Health & Safety Executive.
Benefits of the Deputy Manager:
- Additional hours paid at an hourly rate, on top of salary.
- Free staff bus, subsidiary meals and uniform
- Reduced rate accommodation
- In house Training Academy offering management courses
- Exceptional career progression within the company
- Refer a friend bonuses
- plus, many more!
Requirements for the Deputy Manager role:
Winners of the West Sussex Care Accolades 'Employer of the year' award 2016!
- Valid NMC PIN is mandatory
- Good communication skills
- Coordination and management skills
- Willingness for personal development
We believe that the great service we provide is all down to the great people we employ and we strongly believe in investing in people to fulfil their potential. Education and training are a key part of our quality strategy. Are you passionate about providing excellence??Are you looking to join an award winning company……Join us at Sussex Healthcare!!