Deputy Ward Manager
Salary: £30,000-£32,000 (£15.38-£16.41 per hour)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, passionate dynamic and experienced Deputy Ward Manager to join a fantastic team at a reputable Treatment Centre in Bristol. The centre is bright, modern and welcoming and offers day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology. The service enjoys a fab reputation for providing excellent patient care and really believes in putting patents first. The Treatment Centre is in a central location and is easily accessible via public transport links around Bristol.
What you'll be doing:
- As the Deputy Ward Manager, your role will comprise of both clinical and managerial duties.
- As the Deputy Ward Manager you will be expected to assist in the efficient running of the ward, ensuring the highest possible standards of care are received by patients and their carers.
- As the Deputy Ward Manager you will also provide support, advice and guidance to all staff delivering patient care and will work closely with the multidisciplinary team.
- As the Deputy Ward Manager you will be working with the Ward Manager you will foster an environment in which high quality cost effective services are delivered and where creativity, innovation and staff development all underpin the approach to managing the ward area in which each member of staff is recognised and valued
- As the Deputy Ward Manager you will you will provide clinical knowledge and expertise to this group of patients and will take charge of the ward as senior nurse in charge.
What you'll need:
- As the Deputy Ward Manager you will have substantial relevant experience in acute care or elective surgical nursing with recent experience in day care/ short stay and inpatient nursing
- As the Deputy Ward Manager you will have management experience, including understanding budgets and safe staffing levels
- As the Deputy Ward Manager you will have the knowledge and skills of acute surgical care provision
- As the Deputy Ward Manager you will have up to date hands on clinical skills including phlebotomy, IV drug administration and performing ECGs
- As the Deputy Ward Manager you will have Knowledge and experience of clinical supervision
- You will be NMC Registered General Nurse Level 1 with surgical experience in a number of specialties
- You will have your teaching qualification/ ENB 998 or equivalent
- You will have basic / Intermediate life support skills
- You will have ECG and Venupuncture training
Key employee benefits:
- Continuing professional and career development
- Generous holiday and leave arrangements
- Flexible pension options
- Life assurance and healthcare schemes
- Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
- Free membership of our fantastic Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres, with heavily subsidised memberships for family
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling - legal, financial, etc.
- Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
This location is commutable from: Coalpit Heath, Winterbourne, Westerleigh and Bristol.