The post holder undertakes task and duties delegated by the practice nurse team leader or a suitably qualified regulated professional. They will work collaboratively with the team to meet the needs of patients, following policy and procedures.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Communicate effectively with other team members.
Communicate effectively with patients and other staff, recognising their needs for alternative methods of communication.
To recognise and understand the roles and responsibilities of individuals working in the primary health care team.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- hand washing
- universal hygiene procedures
- collection and handling of laboratory specimens
- segregation and disposal of waste materials
- decontamination of instruments and clinical equipment
- reporting and treatment of sharps injuries
- dealing with blood and body fluid spillages
- Assist patients and colleagues in adopting sound infection control measures
Know the general principles of first aid and resuscitation to be able to undertake initial actions as appropriate.
Know the health and safety policies and procedures within the workplace, including fire procedures, maintaining documentation, monitoring and maintaining of equipment and furniture within your area of responsibility
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk in the care of patients
- Ensure own actions are consistent with clinical governance systems
- Practice in accordance with agreed standards of care
- Enable patients to access appropriate professionals in the team
- Know how clinical governance affects the HCA role and bring to the attention of more senior staff any specific risk situation
- Know the practice's policies, especially the whistle-blowing policy, available in the practice staff handbook
- Be able to manage your own time effectively
Measuring and recording following physiological measurements in routine presentations:
- blood pressure
- pulse rate and rhythm
- height and weight - body mass index
- visual acuity
Working for our agency is beneficial because you manage who own time. Ambition 24 Hours operates 24 hours a day, which means you can contact a consultant anytime of the day or night. Our agency appreciates your qualification and experience in the health care field and as such understands the importance of quality pay rate for quality staffing.