We are looking to recruit Kitchen Assistants to deliver excellent service at Sussex Healthcare.
Day to day tasks of the Kitchen Assistant:
- Assist the Chef Manager in meeting time deadlines in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals.
- Monitor breakages of crockery and deficiencies of cutlery, bringing low levels of stock to the attention of the Chef Manager.
- Maintain all floors in a clean and dry state.
- Maintain all work surfaces in a clean and tidy state.
- Maintain all cookware in a clean, rust and scale free state.
- Ensure appropriate protective clothing is worn in accordance with the Chef Manager's instructions.
- Identify and, where possible, isolate any risk from equipment, and report such risk to the Chef on duty.
- To achieve the Foundation in Food Hygiene certificate. *Other duties as detailed by the Chef Manager
Benefits of the Kitchen Assistant:
- £7.55/ hour
- 50p more per hour for weekends and double pay for bank holiday
- Paid breaks
- Free staff bus, subsidiary meals and uniform
- Reduced rate accommodation
- In house Training, academy offering various courses, Mentoring scheme
- Exceptional career progression within the company, Refer friend bonuses
- Plus, many more!
Requirements for the Kitchen Assistant:
Winners of the West Sussex Care Accolades 'Employer of the year' award 2016!
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
We believe that the great service we provide is all down to the great people we employ and we strongly believe in investing in people to fulfil their potential. Education and training are a key part of our quality strategy. Are you passionate about providing excellence??Are you looking to join an award winning company……Join us at Sussex Healthcare!!