Reporting to the Senior Medical Manager the Medical Case Handler is responsible for ensuring that those who are injured/ill while on travel receive the correct medical attention by assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating each individual case.
- Communicate with worldwide medical professionals or obtain medical reports for patients treated or hospitalised
- Organise referrals and/or admission of patients to doctors and medical facilities
- Effectively manage all aspects of the medical case lifecycle, including case notification, verification, authorisation, task reassignment/case handover and case closure while delivering superior customer service
- Capture all relevant information accurately, to ensure the case can be managed effectively, to the highest standards, from start to finish
- Review medical records to assess the case management of complex medical conditions