NHS - Newly Qualified Theatre Scrub Nurse - Band 5 - Bristol - £21,909 per annum plus a fantastic additional funding for qualifications such as anaesthetic qualifications is also available
I am currently recruiting for a newly qualified nurse to take on their preceptorship within a mediroom service in Bristol. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in the NHS and to gain clinical experience and knowledge working within a Theatre Scrub setting.
This Hospital in Bristol will support you on moving into the mediroom service by using simulation theatres and a fantastic induction to get you up to speed.
The mediroom is an exciting concept enabling more patient to nurse contact, so this is an exciting opportunity if you're a newly qualified nurse looking for your first nursing role.
As a Theatre Scrub Nurse you will scrub and treat patients in a wide variety of surgical procedures, where full training and support will be given.
As an NHS - Newly Qualified Theatre Scrub Nurse, your job duties will include:
As a NHS - Newly Qualified Theatre Scrub Nurse you must have:
- Ensure skilled care is given to patients either by themselves or junior staff within the department or outside areas
- To maintain standard documentation in accordance with the NMC Standards for Records and Record Keeping
- Able to identify the specific perioperative needs of patients undergoing a variety of surgeries.
- To act as Scrub nurse for a variety of specialities carried out within the department as directed.
- To act as circulating nurse for a variety of surgical specialities
- To assist in the handover of care to the Mediroom area
- To support the anaesthetic and Mediroom staff as and when required
- Plan, implement and evaluate patient care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned, checked daily and maintained and take appropriate action in regards to faulty equipment as per Trust policy
- Take responsibility for ensuring safe lifting techniques when assisting in the movement and lifting of patients and equipment
- Take an active role in maintaining effective communication with all disciplines.
- Assist in the care, labeling and dispatch of specimens for laboratory examination.
- Participate in audit and research
- A current, valid registration with the NMC
- A Registered Nurse qualification
- The legal right to work in the UK
- A keen interest to start your nursing career in a theatre scrub setting
For more information on this role please contact James at Liquid Healthcare on [Click here to apply] or email [Click here to apply]