Cheswold Park Hospital are opening a brand new Autism service and are looking for a driven Registered Learning Disability Nurse to assist in the setting up of this service. It is an exciting opportunity.
A basic overview of duties and responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate referrals and admissions to the ward and settle patients and ensure that staff are aware of the relevant patient admission requirement
- Assist in the marketing of the Service through networking opportunities and liaison with visiting Case Managers
- Specifying and Monitoring clinical standards for nursing care.
- Incidents are documented and reported on
- Clinical Management of ward staff
- Deliver their specialist knowledge underpinned by theory and experience to the rest of the clinical team.
- Be able to deal with complex clinical decisions in the absence of the MDT and act accordingly and demonstrate best practice to others.
- Ensure that all patients have outcome measures regularly updated as part of their Care Planning and that these are fed into CQUIN where required.
- Participating in the assessment process of patients, both internally and externally.
- Acting at all times within NMC guidelines, Health and Social Care Act and the Mental Health Act including Code of Practice; ensuring that all nursing staff on your ward also comply.
The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other appropriate duties as required, within the grading of the post and the competency of the post holder.
The benefits you will receive in post:
- Competitive Salary – dependent on relevant clinical skill and experience
- You at Work" incentive scheme offering a wide range of discounts
- Full Induction
- Free meals on Wards and subsidised canteen for staff.
- Free parking on site
- Access to the gym and sports hall out of hours at no extra cost.