Occupational Therapist Band 5 / 6 - Temporary Contract - £22.00 - £24.00 per hour - New Ollerton, Nottinghamshire.
Our client goes that extra mile in every aspect of the care and facilities it provides, and that is especially true in recruiting and training its staff. You will be working in a modern, well equipped, multidisciplinary environment for people of working age with complex care, rehabilitation and/or life limiting physical conditions. This would suit an Occupational Therapist who has experience of medical/respiratory and/or neuro-rehabilitation – but not essential. You must have current R.C.O.T/B.A.O.T and H.C.P.C. registration.
Professional requirements - Occupational Therapist
- Experience of equipment assessment
- Flexibility to adjust to changing needs of the service
- Necessary skills
- Be able to assess patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions, formulate and deliver individual treatment plans in accordance with their assessments
- Moving and handling assessments, initial and ongoing
- Have excellent communication skills, written and verbal / non verbal
- Be able to take responsibility to work autonomously providing holistic treatment programmes
- Appropriate equipment assessment and provision within the home
- Instruct therapy team assistant/care staff or relevant members of the MDT in the delivery of treatment programmes
- Maintain records of treatment and interventions in keeping with COT standards of practice and Pathfinders Policies
- Be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of their own work in accordance with HCPC guidelines and COT regulations and standards
- Maintain their own level of competency through CPD and personal development planning
- Attend in house training and provide formal/informal training to unqualified staff as required
- Direct other staff in their roles supporting the rehabilitation and physical management of patients, i.e. ADLs, manual handling etc
- Maintain their own safety and that of work colleagues and service users at all times
On offer - Occupational Therapist
- Excellent training opportunities and CPD
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free parking and subsidised restaurant.