Are you a registered nurse who is passionate about caring for children? At KIMS we have an opening for a part time Paediatric Nurse to join our growing team. Working as part of our Outpatients and day care team, we are seeking an enthusiastic paediatric nurse who is highly motivated with a desire to develop their skills.
This is a part time position, working flexibly 22.5 hours per week.
The duties of this role will include:
- Assess, plan and undertake paediatric assessments and procedures providing exceptional patient care and sensitivity at all times
- Undertake regular outpatient/follow-up sessions referring to consultants, other specialists and/or members of the multidisciplinary team
- Undertake pre-assessment of children prior to day case admissions
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and be accountable for own actions
- Think innovatively to create an environment that encourages, rewards and achieves individual and organisational improvement and outstanding performance.
- Participate in the quarterly and annual quality and governance reports, working continually to improve the experience of the child and parent whilst working in line with CQC standards
The successful candidate will be absolutely child and parent focussed, with a desire and proven ability to deliver healthcare at its best. As well as this the ideal applicant will:
- Be a registered children’s nurse
- Hold a minimum of 2 years post registration clinical experience
- Have a strong knowledge of clinical governance and its application
- Be a team player, with a desire to build and promote paediatrics within the hospital whilst working with other stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrate knowledge of current paediatric nursing and clinical development.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call [Click here to apply] or email [Click here to apply] and a member of the team will be happy to help.