Elyon Healthcare Northampton is looking for a Paediatric Nurse to join our team in Northampton working with children living at home. You will be working with our Paediatric Nurse Lead to ensure that Elyon healthcare delivery effective care into community for our clients.
Our Paediatric Nurses are responsible for assessment of new packages, managing their designated caseload which means day to day care of client with specialist clinical needs, overseeing teams of carers and troubleshooting. They will provide clinical support to the service users and ensure provision of a quality service.
We are looking for adaptable individuals that are able to provide commitment to the children we support through ensuring good quality care with continuity. Your role extends to include supporting also the family as they are at the centre of the child's circle of support.
In return we offer you all the support you need through our dedicated team of case managers, clinical leads and administrative staff.
• A Registered Paediatric Nurse (RSCN) with UK-based complex health care experience
• Excellent communication skills and a keen interest in community based nursing
• A current driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes, although not essential is beneficial.
Roles and Responsibilities:
•Participating in setting and maintaining standards of professional competence and current nursing practices in accordance with the NMC Code of Practice.
• Ensuring that all relevant information regarding patients/ clients recorded, reported and, where necessary, acted upon to communicate any changes to the Consultant/GP and other team members as appropriate.
• Co-ordinating and ensuring that all aspects of Inter-Professional care for assigned groups of clients are met, through the monitoring of follow up client visits, according to the Care Plan.
• Assisting during hospital admissions especially in planning a smooth transition of patient care from the hospital to the home
.• Participating in quality assurance initiatives, including team clinical supervision, audits, etc.• Maintaining supplies (stock control) and ensuring equipment is maintained in good working order.• Co-ordinating and managing daily workload.• Adhering to the designated Care Plan according to the clients needs.
A detailed job description is available on request.