Staff Nurse ( RMN or RNLD or RGN )
Service type: Specialist Neurological Care Centre
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Salary: £12.85 per hour excellent benefits
Hours: Part Time or Full Time Hours available
Further Details: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced RMN, RGN or RNLD to work within a Specialist Neurological Care Centre in Dundee, Scotland. This facility provides specialist long-term person-centred care and support for adults with either a brain injury or other complex progressive neurological conditions. The team at this centre has particular expertise in the management and care of patients with Huntington's Disease and on site has the only dedicated Huntington's Disease unit accredited by the Scottish Huntington's Disease Association. They care for patients who are no longer able to be cared for at home but who with some specialist help can take part in everyday activities and live as independently as possible.
As a Registered Nurse (RMN/RGN/RNLD) working in our Specialist Brain Injury Neurological Care Service, your main duties will be:-
- To provide high standards of nursing and therapeutic care in the rehabilitation of brain injured patients; and through membership of the multi-disciplinary team, provide supervision and guidance to Rehabilitation Assistants.
- To assess and deliver effective individual care and treatment towards the rehabilitation of service users
- To undertake the role of named nurse
- To actively participate in clinical meetings promoting, reviewing and initiating relevant changes to service user care
- To effectively co-ordinate the shift, including allocation of service users, supervision of Rehabilitation Assistants, and ensuring the safety of the unit
- Candidates should be RMN or RNLD or RGN qualified.
- Candidates must be have a valid and up to date PIN.
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without the need for sponsorship.
- Comprehensive induction and a structured and on-going training scheme and career development opportunities
- A bespoke personal development programme with continuing professional development
- Preceptorship and mentorship programme
- Free parking
- Free life cover / Life Assurance Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee discount scheme
- 5.6 weeks of paid annual leave
- Sick pay at the Managers discretion
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.