Staff Nurse - Mental Health Hospital
Location: Darlington, County Durham
Salary: £22,000 - £29,000 per annum enhancements for unsocial hours (i.e. nights, weekends and bank holidays)
Hours: Full Time or Part Time contracts available
Job Details: A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a substantially motivated and experienced RMN or RNLD to work for one of the UK's largest independent providers of mental health and social care pathways. The hospital offers the highest standards of specialist inpatient care for men and women, of adult working age, with mental health needs and complex needs in a safe and supportive environment.
The Hospital is committed to the development and well-being of all staff and provides regular supervision, on-going training and access to company-wide career opportunities. Further to this is the opportunity to work within a leading brand of independent healthcare providers, and to work in a friendly environment.
Person Specification: We are looking for a RMN's or RNLD's, newly qualified or experienced. Successful applicants will work as members of a full multi-disciplinary team and will possess excellent clinical, team and communication skills together with vision and enthusiasm to develop the hospital's service model. You will be responsible for the care of adults with a primary diagnosis of mental illness. You will need to have the ability to think on your feet, multitask to a high standard and show exemplary role modelling and leadership skills. Previous forensic secure and/or acute experience is preferable; although applicants should have at least 6 months' experience as a staff nurse preferably working in one of these settings. Preceptor ship Nurses will be considered if evidence of good experience with this service user group evident.
- Annual payment of £1,000 for continuous service for the first three years
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays, and extra leave after 5 and 10 years' service
- Enhancements for unsocial hours - 20% extra for weekday nights and Saturdays & 50% extra for Sundays, Sunday nights and bank holidays
- ½ of NMC PIN fee reimbursed annually
- Preceptorship for newly qualified nurses
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- SMART pension options
- SMART childcare vouchers
- Cycle scheme
- Just drive scheme
- Subsidised meals on shift
- Employee Benefits programme - offering a wide range of discounts
- High street vouchers and gift cares
- Online vouchers and cash back offers
- The hospital offers nurses to diversify (clinical specialisms and management courses), clinical professional development - nurse-led panel, career development and intranet resources.