BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Winterbourne Hospital in Dorchester has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a full time, contract basis for a period of 12 months at 37.5 hours per week.
This is a key role within the department and one in which candidates have the opportunity to develop their nursing skills in minor surgery.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a department.
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with MDT to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing the existing services and standards
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Balance appropriately a business focus without compromising the provision of quality care
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course is desirable
- Evidence of post registration development is desirable
Duties of this role include:
- Deliver and supervise care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community
- Demonstrate compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical /technical knowledge / skill, and expertise
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care
- Demonstrate Commitment to improving care and the patient experience
- Prioritise, plan and deliver safe quality care
- Assemble, check, prepare and process the appropriate equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of outpatient procedures and use safely
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.