£13.70 per hour (42 hours per week contract)
Pathways is a great home from home for young adults with learning disabilities. We have an 8 bed bungalow offering a warm and supportive environment to those who need more specialist care.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be part of a team that is passionate about delivering quality care to those in our care, ensuring that our service users have the ability to make their own choices and assisting them in living as independently as possible.
About the job……
So, as a nurse within an Exemplar home, what will your role be? It will be varied but the main focus will be on delivering hands-on person centred care to our service users and will include:
- Acting as a named nurse
- Administering, reviewing and monitoring medications
- Assessing care needs
- Putting together care plans and reviewing them as and when necessary
- Supervising the care team to ensure that the shift runs smoothly and efficiently
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
We expect that you will be a first level nurse (ideally RNLD although we can consider RGN/RMN) with a current PIN.
More importantly though, you’ll need to be passionate about what you do, and that means leading by example. You’ll need to be well organised, be able work on your own initiative and make decisions, whilst working collaboratively as part of a small, multi-disciplinary team.
You should be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations.
Perkz- an online benefits scheme that offers market-leading offers and discounts with high street and online retailers
Do you want to be part of the team at Pathways Then contact us to find out more …
What do we offer:
- A comprehensive induction programme with opportunities for further training and development
- Genuine prospects of career progression
- A challenging and rewarding working environment
- Employee benefits scheme - online shopping discounts and vouchers
Exemplar started life as a training company, helping a care home operator get to grips with an ever-increasing regulatory burden. We helped co-ordinate nursing adaptation courses for overseas nurses too.
Having all this knowledge at our fingertips, we quickly moved into care home operation, taking over 5 elderly care homes in need of some tlc. We still have these homes and they form the bedrock on which the rest has been built.