Registered Nurse RGN/RN or RMN
Base Pay : N/A
Other Pay : Competitive
Location : UK-Oxford
Site or Unit :
The Headington Care Home
Roosevelt Drive Headington Oxford Oxfordshire OX3 7XR
Contracted Weekly Hours : 44
The Headington Care Home is a 60 bed nursing home for clients with dementia. The Headington Care Home has achieved PEARL accredidation which we are extremely proud of. We have a good reputation with the Local Authority and the continuing care team around Oxfordshire and the home meets our residents complex behaviour needs associated with dementia. The Headington Care Home is located in between Churchill and Warneford hospitals. We are on local buss routes and we are in an accessible location. Many of our current staff either cycle to work, walk, take bus route no 4, 10, U5, 8. Joining the team is an exciting prospect. All new members are supported in their role at the home. There are training opportunities available for new staff to develop into the next level of their role. The Headington Care Home provides person centred care to residents living with dementia and all staff who have joined us are supported and trained in working with our residents through our PEARL standards (Positively Enhancing and Enriching Residents Lives). We have established E-Learning courses that support all staff with their mandatory training and other important courses related to clinical practices and care.
To prescribe, deliver and supervise the execution of excellent standards of care in accordance with our policies and procedures; To lead a care team promoting rehabilitation and independence, together with dignity and respect, such that the lives of our residents is as they would wish it, and choose it, to be.
1. Ensure the highest possible standards of care, assessing residents' needs and wishes, and developing services to enhance their quality of life.
2. Champion appropriate independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing and updating care plans to meet our residents physical, social and psychological needs.
3. Oversee all aspects of medicine management on your shift – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered, in accordance with company policies and current legislation.
4. Build the positive reputation of the Business; liaise professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders.
5. Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge.
6. Participate knowledgably and professionally to all inspection visits, ensuring your team is ready at all times to do the same.
7. Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – identify, investigate and resolve risks proactively.
8. Ensure you follow a rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently, and thoroughly all matters relating to residents and employees.
9. Promote a cohesive team approach and a welcoming atmosphere to ensure staff members feel a connection to our residents and the home, and they are well supported to deliver high quality care.
10. Understand the key targets of your host home and support the Home Manager in their achievement by promoting and practicing high standards of nursing care and ensuring staff and shifts are supervised in a smooth manner.
11. Support, guide, teach and mentor others in line with the NMC Code, following its guidance at all times.
12. Attend relevant meetings both internal and external; attend regular team meetings and monthly appraisals with line manager.
13. Act as a reflective and developmental practitioner participating to continual professional development and meeting the requirements of professional revalidation.
Qualifications & Accreditations
NMC Registered Nurse
Key Skills and Behaviours – (Essential)
1.The ability to lead a team, analyse problems and propose solutions or improvements
2.Able to communicate effectively and to develop professional relationships
3.Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role
4.Respectful of the values, views and needs of others
5. Able to work under pressure and prioritize workload
Key Experience and Knowledge - (Desirable)
1. Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector
2. People Management experience
3. Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance programmes
We are recruiting for nurses with strong passion and commitment to enhance the specialist services we deliver, together with a positive and flexible attitude and person centred ethos. Our ideal candidates are forward thinking and up to date with current practices, with the ability to show leadership qualities and desire to maintain excellent industry knowledge.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including:
- A generous holiday allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bespoke development programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount scheme
- Free parking and uniform (where applicable)
As a qualified nurse you can also enjoy up to £1,250 in your first year as a "Welcome Bonus".
- subject to terms and conditions.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please apply now.