Senior Clinical Fellow - Pediatric Medicine
£30,002 - £47175 (Plus additional banding supplement)
- These posts are on the middle grade rota and will include working a 24 hour shift pattern to include weekends, night duty and cover provision.
- Current working patterns provide Consultant presence in the Department until 24.00 hours on weekdays and 0800 - 1700 hours on weekends. There is no on-call requirement.
- It is intended that the appointments will work on the Higher Specialist Trainee rota if deemed appropriate. Study/audit time equivalent to half a day per week.
- There will be access to secretarial support and office facilities.
- The post holder will be involved in audit activities undertaken within the Department and play an active role in the evaluation of treatment modalities introduced.
- The successful candidate will be expected to contribute in departmental meetings, Journal Club and Medical Grand Rounds of the hospital.
- Appraisal/Continuous Professional Development - The Trust is committed to supporting the requirement for continuing education and professional development as laid down by the Royal Colleges.
- The Consultants in Pediatric Department will supervise the post holder and also have responsibility for education and career developments
- A job plan, including the job timetable, will be agreed between the successful candidate and the Lead Pediatric Consultant. Time is allowed for administration, audit and continuing medical education.
Successful completion of Foundation training
Full registration with the General Medical Council
Previous Pediatric Medicine experience in excess of 2 years