We are seeking either a RGN, or a RMN nurses for our care home in Lower Almondsbury, Bristol to work either day or night shifts, 36hrs a week to include alternate weekends . The successful Candidate will lead our care team in caring for up to 31 nursing residents. Additional hours are available.
With any RMN candidates, we would require you to have clinical experience, preferably with the elderly.
Our hourly rates are from £13.25 to £15.00 with 20% enhancement at weekends and double pay on bank holidays. Sick pay also provided, 3 months full pay followed by a further 3 months half pay.
You will be responsible to our Nurse Manager and your duties will include:
• Leading the care team in caring for our residents
• Taking charge of the home in the manager’s absence, and dealing with any emergency situations, with support if necessary from the on-call manager
• Administering medication and carrying out other nursing procedures
• Developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care
• Maintaining computerised care records
• Supervise and teach care staff
• Provide verbal information on the condition of residents at each handover, and to management and visiting health care professionals when required
• Ensure that medications are ordered, stored and administered in accordance with the law, current guidelines and our internal procedures
• Report and record all incidents and accidents arising in the home
• Assisting care staff in providing personal care to our male and female residents, and attending to all aspects of their needs.
• Maintaining the dignity and privacy of residents and respecting their individual needs
• Assisting with any other tasks as requested to ensure the smooth running of the home
• Attending and participation in orientation, mandatory and other training as required
It will be an advantage if you have experience of working with the elderly, whether in a care home or hospital setting.
We will interview part-time nurses as well for these permanent positions.
• Auto enrolment pension scheme.
• Shift pattern are 12 hrs, 8am to 8pm - all shifts with additional 15 minutes for handover
• For all positions we offer a hot midday meal for shifts of more than 8 hours.
We wish to interview as soon as possible for these positions, and invite CV submissions now.