Staff Nurse - RMN/RGN
37.5 hours per week
Up to £30,000 JOB ROLE
Eclypse is looking for an RMN/RGN to work for a private hospital based near to Edinburgh in Peeblesshire (about 20 miles). You will be responsible for the assessment of the care needs of patients and the development, implementation, and evaluation of care plans under the direction of the Head Nurse, thereby ensuring that a high standard of care is delivered. The hospital is located on a rural country estate 20 miles south of Edinburgh. The Hospital has approx. 80 patients in residence at any time, 40 on the primary and 40 on the secondary unit. We provider 24/7 nursing care across both units.PROFESSIONAL
- Maintain current registration as a nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Practice within the framework of the NMC Code of Professional Practice.
- Maintain Continual Professional Development (CPD) and satisfy the NMC's requirements in relation to Post-registration Education and Practice (PREP).
- Maintain confidentiality as set out in the Confidentiality Procedure.
- Ensure that nursing care is delivered in accordance with the Hospital's policies and procedures.
- Be involved in the setting and maintaining of high standards of nursing care.
- Ensure the safety of patients, staff, and visitors through compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Carry out risk assessments and prepare risk management plans in compliance with the hospital's risk management procedures.
- Take charge of the nursing service on a regular basis in the absence of the Head Nurse.
- Promote effective treatment of patients through the safe management and administration of medication including stock auditing and ordering, and the administration of medications being used for detoxification purposes.
- Monitor and observe patients who are undergoing detoxification
- Participate in and contribute to meetings of the multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure that the conduct of staff is always of a high professional standard and report to the Lead Clinical Nurse if there are any concerns.
- Ensure that the care delivered is of a high standard and appropriate to the needs of the patients.
- Participate in the hospital's supervision arrangements.
- Participate in CPD.
- Registered Nurse
- Ability to maintain boundaries
Experience of working with substance abuse
- Flexible concerning working shift patterns
- Ability to take responsibility for adopting best practice in the implementation of individual care plans
- Ability and willingness to undergo further appropriate training
- Awareness of current Health and Safety Procedure
- Our client is looking for full time Band 5 nurses to work 3 x 12.5 hour shifts, which are rota-ed monthly to include day/night/weekend shifts.
- Enhancements are higher than many other hospitals. Our client's typical rate for nurses with over 3 years' experience is £12.10 / hour, with 30% night enhancement (£15.73 / hour), and 60% weekend enhancement (£19.36 / hour). We expect nurses to work a mix of shifts, and therefore take home salary may work out at £15.73 / hour / £30.6k.
- Our client offers a pension (after 3 months), free meals and parking, and a very comprehensive training package.
- Part Time would be considered as well (2 x 12.5 hour shifts per week) but our preference would be full time.
- Staff do need their own cars, public transport is not suitable
If this is an opportunity of interest to you then please call Ellie Conlon on [Click here to apply] or send a copy of your updated CV to [Click here to apply]
Keywords: Mental Health Nurse, medical and nursing, Registered Nurse, RMN, RGN, Scotland, Edinburgh, Medical and Nursing, CAMHS, Staff Nurse, Detox, Dementia, Private Hospital, RMN/RGN, medical and nursing