Part Time - 22.5 hours per week
£45,000 - £50,000 pro rata
Due to expansion within a leading healthcare company we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sonographer to join an ultrasound department in the Somerset area.
This service offers a range of diagnostic imaging; providing fast and convenient access to high quality diagnostic imaging procedures. The Sonographer will be acting as an autonomous practitioner delivering patient focussed care that includes; assessment, planning, delivery and evaluations.
The successful sonographer will be providing a wide range of ultrasound examinations including abdominal, gynaecological, musculoskeletal and vascular. Training and support will be offered in any area you lack experience in.
You can expect a rewarding career with this organisation as they actively promote personal development and learning with regular internal CPD clinical meetings, funding is available for external courses. It is important to this company that their team continue to learn, improve and adapt their skills to keep up to date with the developments within the medical world. They also offer an extremely competitive package which also includes generous benefits.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful Sonographer will need to demonstrate the following;
- Broad range of ultrasonography competencies matched to the job description.
- Experience of autonomous practice and independent reporting is essential.
- To be competent to assess, scan, diagnose and report your own ultrasound caseload maintaining accurate patient records at all times.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of safe clinical practice and the responsibilities and accountability that are associated with this role.
- To show an understanding of Clinical Governance and the importance of all aspects which contribute to a safe and high quality ultrasound service.
- Diploma in medical ultrasound (DMU) or Post-graduate certificate or diploma (Pg Cert / Dip)
- HPC Registration.