Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Staff Nurse – Complex Care, Elgar Band 5, to £28K, North Bristol
Staff Nurses required to work within our Complex Care Ward in Elgar to provide compassionate and elderly care at one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. Within Elgar we have two Wards both with a 38 bed unit, Elgar 1 being our Transitional care ward and Elgar 2 providing rehabilitation, of which both practice enablement. You will be based in Southmead Hospital, North Bristol, Band 5, and Salary from 22.1K to 28.7K dependent on experience with excellent benefits
• Opportunity to work within transitional care with a focus on the enablement of the patients
• Professional Development – with a key focus on providing nurses with training to progress with their careers in a route that best suites them.
• Internal training Capacity – Focus of the month sessions
• Excellent Leadership – focussed on providing an enjoyable environment for both patients and staff
• Opportunity to have a direct impact on patients’ lives to become more independent
• Future centre of excellence with passion for nurses to join in that journey
• To help facilitate patient flow by working with the team towards discharging patients
• To support and discuss expected pathways of discharge
• To recognize, support and emphasise the patient’s capacity to have control over her or his health and life.
• To encourage patients in movement, attending activities, and lunch in communal dining rooms.
YOU: The successful candidate will have the following:
• Positive, keen and enthusiastic attitude
• Registered Nurse with current NMC registration& Pin Number
• Passionate about providing the best care you can for elderly patients
• To be part of a team working together to ensure their patients get the best support.
• Ability to work flexibly across all of our shift patterns
And if you are from outside the area, Bristol is consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, and gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to the spectacular countryside and coastlines of South Wales, Devon, Dorset and Cornwall.
Apply now! For further enquiries or more information please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call us on 0117 41 45980 / 0117 41 45975
If it’s not for you please share with anyone who may be interested – Thanks!
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that this Trust does not reimburse travel expenses relating to interview attendance.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the Disability Act / Two Ticks scheme and require further support/advice, please contact us on tel 0117 414 1151.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant(s) will normally commence at the minimum of the scale unless they have previous NHS service at the same band. Progression through the scale is by annual increments.
Staff identify as 'At Risk' and who meet the essential shortlisting criteria of the post will be prioritised. Priority will be given to North Bristol NHS Trust employees in the first instance.
Please note that stringent pre-employment checks are undertaken on all successful applicants prior to commencement in post. Please refer to the ‘Information for Prospective Employees’ attachment for information relating to DBS charges.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.