Senior Staff Nurse - Dialysis
£24,193 - 28,462 + over time and benefits
Permanent - Full Time - 37.5 hours (may consider part time)
Eclypse Recruitment have an exciting opportunities with our client who have various clinics in the West Midlands / Birmingham area and are looking for Staff Nurse - Dialysis who wants to make a difference in our patient's lives. You will provide patient care according to set procedures and increase the quality of life for our patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e learning and access to our in-house education programme. The purpose of the role is to provide safe, high quality nursing care to patients undergoing Dialysis in the Clinic and to develop and promote good working relationships between the Clinic and the NHS as well as supervision and monitoring of junior members of the team and non-qualified staff. The clinic is open Monday - Saturday on a rota basis.
Measures of Performance:
- Patient satisfaction surveys
- Annual clinical audit
- CQC requirements
- Appraisal review
- Staff satisfaction surveys
- Reporting on staff performance
- Taking charge of a shift where Deputy Manager or Clinic Manager are not on duty
- Supervising patient care, provided by junior staff
- Review dialysis orders and initiate any changes requested by the referral Renal Team
- Documents observations and interventions in a legible manner
- Maintain a clean clinical environment
- Carry out all tasks according to Diaverum policy and procedure
- Maintain patient confidentiality and dignity
- Initiation and termination of dialysis
- Physical assessment of patient's pre and post dialysis. Noting presence of signs of trauma, patients' general physical and mental condition
- Communicating all emergencies, patient life-threatening complications and related incidents to Clinic Manager, Consultants.
- Informing Clinic Manager of all incidents, conditions, problems, counselling and the necessity for further counselling as it relates to staff, patient care and clinic management.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional communications with patients, relatives, visitors and Trust staff.
- Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients
- Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record
- Review pre and post haemodialysis care with patient
- Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems in line with set processes
- Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
- Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Be able to work autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team
- At least one year's experience in general nursing (Haemodialysis would be an advantage but not essential) - full training is provided.
- Renal experience for the Senior role.
- Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
- You will to be flexible in your approach - the clinic is open Monday - Saturday.
- Full Time - 37.5 hours per week / Monday to Friday
- Competitive Salary
- 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with service
- Life Assurance, Discounted Fitness Membership, Stakeholder Company Pension
- Post subject to References, Identification, DBS & OH checks
- Relocation allowance
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity please contact Ellie Conlon at Eclypse Recruitment on 0161 804 7555 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
KEYWORDS - Senior Nurse, Dialysis, Staff Nurse, RGN, Birmingham, West Midlands, Medical and Nursing, Private Hospital, Clinic, Dialysis, Renal Unit, General Medicine, Day Case, Medical, Dialysis, RGN, medical and nursing, Renal, medical and nursing, Staff Nurse - Dialysis