BMI Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
BMI Princess Margaret Hospital is conveniently located in Windsor, Berkshire, only 8 miles from Heathrow airport and boasting a view of Windsor Castle, the hospital is on the fringe of Windsor Great Park, a picturesque location in which the large 78 bed hospital offers treatment for both medical and surgical patients. The BMI Princess Margaret Hospital also has a new state of the art Endoscopy Unit and a dedicated Day Care Unit. Combining the latest technology and equipment enables us to undertake a wide range of treatments. There are four operating theatres at the hospital; three of the theatres have laminar flow.
The Theatre department covers a wide range of specialities including Plastic Surgery, Major Orthopaedic surgery, Laparoscopic General and Gynaecological surgery. We are looking for innovative and enthusiastic Registered Practitioners with a wide range of clinical skills to operationally support the Recovery Team.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Recovery to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1 (Desirable)
- ILS (Desirable)
- ALS (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.