Job Description - Unit Manager (Nurse)
Post Title: Unit Manager
Accountable to: Registered Manager
Location: Romiley, Stockport
Package: £35,000 - £40,000
Healthcare Recruitment UK are currently working alongside a reputable & quality focused care provider based in the North West of England. Their portfolio consists of a handful of large, purpose built & luxurious nursing homes that specialise in providing high quality general nursing and dementia care.
The organisation is experiencing a healthy rate of growth is dedicated to maintaining this is in the future with the opening of more 5* care facilities in the region.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced nurse qualified Unit Manager to lead and manage a 27 bedded General Nursing Unit within a modern & luxurious nursing home based in Romiley, Stockport
The home itself is a 81 bedded state of the art, 5* purpose built facility - it is spread across 3 floors and specialises in the provision of high quality General Nursing &Dementia Nursing care.
As the Unit Manager you will lead a clinical team and be responsible for ensuring the whole unit operates effectively and delivers the very best quality of care towards its residents.
The ideal candidate will be a strong proven leader with the passion and commitment to achieve the highest standards of care excellence & operational efficiency. Past experience of successfully managing a unit within a care home would be highly advantageous.
- Ensure the delivery of quality care - continually assessing the residents' needs and wishes and developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Champion independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing and updating care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
- Build the positive reputation of the home; liaising professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders. Ensuring team communication is professional and considered.
- Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines - identify, investigate and resolve risks proactively.
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management - ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
- Set in place rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently, and thoroughly all matters relating to our residents and employees.
- Proactively monitor all standards of care; undertaking audits and implementing corrective action where appropriate.
- Ensure the on-going safety of residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes
- Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
- To assist with all people management duties, including but not exclusively; recruitment, training and career development, performance management and effective delegation of duties.
- Take on an active leadership role - you will need to be a visible leader in the home supporting the operation of a twenty-four hour business.
- Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used
- Act as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice
- Applicants must be Qualified Registered Nurses with a current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and have a legal right to work in the UK.
- Have experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector
- Successful candidates must have a sound understanding of the CQC's standards of practice alongside an up-to-date knowledge of all other relevant legislation.
- Motivated by a passion for quality care and great service delivery
- Committed to championing independence, choice and dignity in the home
- An ability to build warm and trusting relationships with our residents and their families
- Strong leadership and management qualities are essential, as is a dynamic, positive & proactive approach to the role.
Furthermore, the organisation also provide a variety of competitive benefits for its employees including a generous 33 day holiday allowance.
If you can offer the above requirements coupled with professionalism, true commitment and dedication then this is the right opportunity for you. To apply please contact Rob Elsworth at Healthcare Recruitment UK on [Click here to apply] or forward a copy of your CV